For more information about brain cancer diagnosis and treatment, see the National Cancer Institute (US) Adult central nervous system tumors treatment (PDQ®): health professional version.
Clinical practice guidelines for brain cancer:
- Australian Cancer Network (2009). Clinical practice guidelines for the management of adult gliomas: astrocytomas and oligodendrogliomas (note that this resource may no longer reflect current evidence or best practice)
- European Society for Medical Oncology (2014). High grade glioma: ESMO practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (2017). NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology: central nervous system cancers, version 1.2016 (register for free to access these)
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (2017). Brain cancers
When reading materials that are published in other countries, note that some of the information may not apply to Australian patients.
Optimal cancer care pathway for people with high-grade glioma
These clinical guides for health professionals set out key principles for optimal care at each step of the patient journey from prevention through to survivorship/end of life care.
- View the interactive consumer web portal at www.cancerpathways.org.au
- Optimal cancer care pathways for people with high-grade glioma